Main menu

Pages

3. How to structure your presentation

 


PART 3




Once you have determined the content of your presentation, there are several ways to structure it.

To be, to be able and to want



To put it simply, use the verbs "to be, can, and will" to structure your personal presentation, as in the three statements below:


I am. I am Stéphanie, I am 38 years old and I have 15 years of experience as a graphic designer. I am meticulous, organized and have a very good stress resistance when it comes to urgent projects.


I can. additionally to my training as a technical graphic designer, I trained in layout and that i work part-time for a communication agency, that I manage all of the visual identity.

  • I want. in line with what your job offer describes, you're trying to find someone who can take over the management of your graphic team, restructure it and commence the reconstruction of your visual identity, to rework your image and conquer new customers and markets.
  • I offers you that, because once I commence a project, I invest myself totally in it.
  • I also aim to provide my career a more marketing turn.

  • In addition, i would like to require on more responsibilities and therefore the desire torments me to coach younger people in our profession.

Past, present and future


Another possible model for personal presentation is built around three dimensions: the present, the past, and the future. First, address the present by describing your current situation.


Then move on to the past, using your past experiences to prove that you are the right person for the job. You have previously selected the most relevant experiences for the desired position.

Finally, look to the future by describing the additional benefits you will present to the company that hires you. Give specific and concrete examples.



The three qualities


To get your interview off to a good start, you can also select three qualities that set you apart and that you think are relevant to the job in question. You will structure your presentation around the selected traits. Always keeping in mind "who I am" / "what I do" / "what I bring to the company", developing a presentation based on specific traits will allow you to stay specific and give a strong idea of your added value. If the recruiter can picture you on their team, you have already won!


Remember, it is important that your presentation follows a logical progression and that the recruiter can clearly see the sequence of information. Finally, describe the path that made you the perfect person for the job.



Comments

table of contents title